Saturday, September 25, 2010

In between days

I left the conference on 14th September highly inspired and with a good feeling that comes from being with people committed to a shared vision for education. I also came away with many cards exchanged during networking sessions and several research and summit papers

15th September was a reading and planning day.

I flew from Washington on 16th September on a lovely sunny day looking forward to catching my flight to LHR. BA0114 was in fact delayed by nearly 3 hours as a tornedo had hit Queens in New York and some flights were diverted. I learnt later that my flight was delayed because the crew were stuck in traffic for over 5 hours! I must confess that the time I spent waiting at the airport went very quickly as I sat a read Professor Epstein's book on School, Family and Community Partnerships. It really is an interesting read!

I arrived in the UK on 17th September exhausted but happy to be home for one day to pack a new suitcase for the second stage of my Travelling Fellowship to Hong Kong.


1 comment: